You’ve got your portfolio up and running. That’s a big deal, and congrats. Now you need to promote your talents across the web to get noticed by employers and land your next job.
Promoting yourself can be intimidating, but it doesn’t have to be. Effective digital marketing takes diligence and patience. We’ll teach you how to promote yourself – and stay competitive – in our 2-hour online class.
Topics covered in this class:
- Integration and business use: We’ll cover the business basics of developing a communication strategy to promote your talent.
- Social networking sites: It’s more important than ever to network across social media platforms. We’ll discuss why, and how.
- Twitter: It’s not just for tweeting opinions. Find out how to build a following, communicate to an audience and take advantage of this social platform.
- Search Engine Optimization: SEO is using the right key words and phrases in your copy so that you show up in search engine results.
- Google page rank: This is also about search engine results. You want to get other quality websites to link to your portfolio for a good Google page rank.
- Search engines: You need to submit your portfolio to the major search engines, who will then crawl your website and index your content so that employers can find you.
- Add-ons and plug-ins: These software components help you customize your website by adding some pretty cool features. We’ll cover a few.
Sign up for Portfolio Development: Promoting by clicking the “Register” button on this page. Check out other online classes in our Portfolio Development Series.
PLEASE NOTE: this Bay Area self promotion class is now taught ONLINE using Zoom and accessible everywhere!
Photo by Charles Deluvio on Unsplash