Location: Dogpatch, San Francisco (Tues-Thurs in office / Fri remote) · Reports to: Internship Supervisor · Compensation Range: $32/hour (minimum of 32 hours / week, non-exempt) · Start date: February 2023
BAYCAT is seeking a dynamic film instructor who would be responsible for planning and teaching a project-based curriculum, while producing film projects for the Internship program for young adults. Our media production internship serves young creatives of color, LGBTQIA+, and women-identified 18-25 years old. This role will work collaboratively with the Internship Supervisor and the Academy Manager who runs the fellowship and other young adult and alumni BAYCAT programs. This is an opportunity to grow our media production training programs and change the face of the creative industry while producing asset-framed media and uplifting young filmmakers from the Bay Area.
Program Dates: Early March – Late June
Meeting Days & Time: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday from 10-5pm (Fridays for prep days)
Number of Interns: 12
- Implement technical and creative project-based filmmaking curriculum for Internship program. Facilitate lesson plans and activities that cover filmmaking fundamentals in a collaborative and project-based learning environment.
- Strong understanding of cinematography: experience with grip and electric, cameras, lighting and being on set.
- Incorporate industry standard through lines: Collaborate with Studio to find opportunities and through lines to instill industry standard best practices into the program curriculum.
- Facilitate technical skill workshops such as professional camera technique (Canon C100, DSLRs), editing with Adobe Premiere Pro, professional lighting, audio recording and production management.
- Develop & produce content that would serve as training opportunities for program participants. Responsible for program-related productions, from pre production to post production, as well as content film fest submission, management and archiving.
- Manage use of all equipment: Update and monitor equipment database, support with coordination of gear, prep gear for programs and shoots and support Internship Supervisor in arranging for repairs and upgrades.
- Be a mentor. Establish positive relationships with program participants and offer support through the development of their projects.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a cover letter, resume, and portfolio to email@example.com. No phone calls, please.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org