Website Fistula Foundation
About the company: Fistula Foundation
We are Fistula Foundation, an international nonprofit that provides surgeries to women in Africa and Asia with obstetric fistula, a devastating childbirth injury. Communicating effectively with our most generous donors is crucial to our ability to provide this life-transforming treatment.
This is a great opportunity to hone your videography skills in a professional environment . In this role, you will learn about the workings of a highly successful non-profit while earning money and experience. As a key collaborator on the project, an ideal candidate will have experience recording quality video and audio, and troubleshooting on set as needed. The ideal candidate will also be comfortable with working with a remote director on Zoom.
Scope of work
You will be shooting footage for us that is in a controlled environment, with a single subject addressing the camera directly. Shoots are based out of our office in the San Jose rose garden area. We’d like to work with you on an as-needed basis throughout the year. The frequency of shoots depends on ongoing needs and can range from weekly to every other month. Typically, a single shoot will last from 2-4 hours.
- A flexible schedule
- Based out of the South Bay Area (Ideally San Jose, which is where our office is).
- A reliable car and the ability to drive to our office.
- Be able to join a meeting with the director prior to every shoot, reviewing shoot needs based on script nuances.
- Experience managing and using video, lighting, and audio equipment (especially DSLR cameras, external audio recorders, and lavalier microphones)
- Efficiency in set-up, trouble-shooting, and tear-down of equipment when on set.
- Ability to monitor quality of audio and visuals while recording (we can’t always re-do a take!)
- Ability to work professionally with on-camera talent
Nice to have, but not required
- Comfortable working with the nuances of women’s health related topics
- Experience collaborating with a director remotely, on Zoom
- Expertise in interview sound and/or lighting
- Access to a printer (to print out scripts and bring them on set for talent)
How to apply:
Please send your resume and a sample of relevant work to email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org