Website Independent Television Service
Winner of more than 40 Emmy Awards, ITVS is public media’s leading incubator and presenter of documentary film. We partner with filmmakers who bring untold stories to public media to make a difference in the world. For over 25 years, we’ve been committed to diversity on both sides of the camera, helping filmmakers tell and share vital stories that are reflective of our society.
The person in this role works within the Audience Development department as a member of the Creative Services unit, and reports to Senior Editor/Producer. Responsibilities include: Providing editorial support to Editor/Producer and Senior Editor/Producer; receiving requests from across the organization; and taking direction from the Senior Editor/Producer and Senior Creative Producer to set priorities.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prepare projects for video editors by organizing and importing raw footage, prepping timeline sequences, and syncing audio.
- Finalize packaging on video content including lower third design, front and back plates, credit sequencing, captioning, compositing, audio description, and transition editing.
- Prepare Premiere projects for finishing and sending to out of house vendors.
- Deliver final video content to broadcast distributors, inputting metadata and providing quality control review of all videos made public.
- Spearhead media management of in-house completed editorial projects.
Manage ingest of external media and create proxy files, links, and tracking documents for producer and broadcast master files.
- Working with the Senior Editor/Producer and Editor/Producers, plan and create editorial templates to streamline packaging needs.
- Apply basic post-production video/audio editing and mixing skills, including implementing basic special effects: keying, blurring and motion tracking, motion graphics, etc.
- Modify and render assets from existing After Effect and Photoshop templates.
- Maintain editorial integrity of internal databases by properly naming, logging, and organizing media and production assets.
- In support of the Creative Services unit, monitor and maintain desired media storage levels and schedule archiving.
- Contribute to creative strategy by participating in brainstorms and collaborating on developing ideas.
- Collaborate with Senior Creative Producer and Creative Director on internal and external production shoots, including set-up and breakdown.
- Implement digital media metadata standards and protocols.
- Provide enthusiastic and exceptional customer service, anticipating partner needs, handling inquiries, and resolving issues
- Fosters and cultivates a culture of care and a high commitment to quality informed by ITVS values.
- Contributes to culture by proactively participating in organization programs and staff events.
- Seeks and integrates constructive feedback to drive continuous improvement.
- Works collaboratively with peers and staff; builds relationships through effective and compassionate communication.
- Other duties may be assigned as needed.
- A commitment to ITVS’ mission and an ability to apply sensitivity to a variety of social, economic, and cultural perspectives.
- Cares about principles associated with diversity and inclusion; willing and wanting to support the voices and visions of underrepresented communities, and reflect the interests and concerns of a diverse society.
- Good interpersonal, verbal, written, and telephone skills.
- Creative with a flexible mind-set; open to new ideas and practices.
- Possesses sound judgment, practical and solution-oriented.
- Proactive, self-motivated and self-directed with demonstrated ability to take initiative and prioritize tasks.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and “can do” attitude; able to work effectively and collaboratively cross-functionally.
- Ability to stay focused, highly organized, pay close attention to details and produce reliable results.
- Adaptable and able to work in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment.
- Can work on multiple projects quickly and efficiently while under pressure.
- Enjoys working as a team member as well as independently.
- Willing to support leadership’s decision and direction in a positive, professional and cooperative manner.
- Good sense of humor is helpful too!Requirements
Required: Two (2) years or more in a broadcast television or media production environment.
Required: Demonstrated experience and proficiency working in Adobe Premiere, Encoder, After Effects, Photoshop.
Required: Operational experience of video workflows and project management systems.
Required: Experience with Microsoft Office Suite and Google’s Workspace.
Preferred: Working familiarity with digital asset management software.
Preferred: Customer service experience.
Preferred: Experience using Asana for project management.
Preferred: A passion for documentary film and a voracious appetite for all types of entertainment media.
ITVS is a financial steward of public funds and committed to pay transparency, as well as providing equitable and competitive compensation for staff. For this role the pay range is $26.77 – $29.92/hour and all incumbent new hires base pay will begin at $26.77 / hour. This is a non-exempt full-time position that includes a robust benefits package. Advancement in the pay range is dependent on advancement in the role.
Creativity, collaboration and building community are essential to ITVS’ long-term health and sustainability. Our goal is to provide a flexible hybrid model of in-person and remote work that supports individual productivity, teamwork, and an organizational culture fueled in part by being present with one another. To achieve this goal in-office attendance, of at least eight (8) days a month, is a requirement of working at ITVS.
It’s important for you to know we love cover letters, they help us understand why you are interested in working at ITVS and they show us how you express yourself in writing. We will prioritize applicants who provide a cover letter.
ITVS aspires to make the online job application process accessible to any and all users.
If you have a disability that impacts your ability to complete the application process, and would like to request assistance or accommodation, please contact us at jobs@ITVS.org
TO APPLY: https://itvs.org/about/jobs/
We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any bias including race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, religion, disability or national origin.
Lastly, pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org