10 Thank Yous
10. Thank you BAVC Media students – teens making projects, adults building their career skills and portfolios, and seniors learning new things.
9. Thank you 20-year employees Mindy and Innesa, and retired Board members Neil (23 years) and Jason (18 years). Thank you new staff and Board for choosing BAVC Media!
8. Thank you SF Commons producers for pushing boundaries and engaging us in conversations in San Francisco and beyond.
7. Thank you nonprofit film and media partners for dreaming up new projects together, having candid conversations about improving our field, and occasionally “crying in our gin” (or coffee).
6.Thank you BAVC Media instructors for being at the top of your game and for your dedication.
5. Thank you to the village that has helped BAVC Media stay in a beautiful facility in one of the most vibrant arts and cultural neighborhoods in San Francisco. Thank you to our building owner City-Core, Community Vision, Paul Picciani, our new roommates Pyramind and to our friends Blue Bear School of Music.
4. Thank you to our funders, especially the Hewlett Foundation, the MacArthur Foundation, the City and County of San Francisco, the NEA, the Mellon Foundation, and Dignity Health, for supporting BAVC Media through change, innovations, bumps, and growth. And thanks to individual supporters like YOU!
3. Thank you pro bono angels.
2. Thank you MediaMaker Fellows for making social issue documentaries that change the way we see and experience the world.
1. Thank you media freelancers, creative producers, artists, educators and nonprofit workers that stay in the Bay, even though you could move to Austin or Raleigh. We need you here.