Dear BAVC Media Community,
As we come to the end of 2023, BAVC Media is steadfast in our commitment to creating accessible and participatory mediamaking opportunities.
To continue this work we need you. Please support BAVC Media today so that we can continue to invest in our broad, intergenerational community of mediamakers in the Bay Area and across the country.
All of our programs, from the BAVC MediaMaker Fellowship for first- or second-time documentary filmmakers, to Reel Stories for girls and gender-expansive youth, and our preservation team that preserves and digitizes AV media for independent artists and arts and cultural organizations before they’re lost – ensure that independent, inclusive media is being made, seen and remembered.
This year we’ve been able to do so much to support our Bay Area community and showcase the fantastic work that’s being made locally:
- Collaborative “Spotlight on San Francisco” event at Sundance Film Festival, celebrating and highlighting local filmmakers on the world stage in partnership with local film organizations
- Hosting block parties with other Bay Area film organizations and our neighbors on Ninth Street in San Francisco
- Honoring trailblazing Bay Area women and gender expansive mediamakers at the Reel Stories Celebration and Awards
- Co-organizing the Bay Area Media Maker Summit for the second year
- Conducting industry-leading research about the Bay Area mediamaking sector
However, we can’t do any of it without your support…
Please support BAVC Media as we gear up for another ambitious year of independent mediamaking in the Bay!
Paula Smith Arrigoni
Get a Gift with Your Donation!
Any donations of $150 and over will receive a BAVC Media goodie bag including a tote, enamel pin and pack of stickers. Items will begin shipping in January 2024. Only valid for addresses in the US for donations made between 11/28 and 12/22 2023.
DONATE $150 →